The Construction Litigation Practice
Our attorneys have been recognized as among the best construction lawyers in the nation. We provide value at all phases of a construction dispute including sound contractual drafting to avoid disputes in the first instance, counseling regarding claims in an effort to resolve an issue before a dispute materializes, evaluating disputes that do arise, and exploring possibilities to avoid unnecessary lawsuits. If necessary, however, we are prepared to try or arbitrate cases to verdict and through appeal.
Our clients span the construction industry including owners, developers, contractors, engineers, architects and other design professionals in all types of construction disputes and for various types of projects including commercial, multi-family, hospitality, cultural, academic, industrial, EPC, green and renewable.
Recent examples of the types of cases we handle include:
- Our Firm represented a large Midwestern university in a series of disputes between it and its contractors and design professionals retained to provide services associated with a major new development on its campus.
- We represented one of the nation's largest apartment building REITs in successfully recovering millions of dollars of additional costs and expenses incurred to stabilize and remediate an apartment complex’s damages by the acts, errors and omissions of its contractors and design professionals.
- We represented one of the largest international brand-named hotels in prosecuting claims against the design professionals retained to redevelop one of its properties.
- We successfully defeated claims by the owner as to alleged construction defects arising out of a multi-million dollar construction of a new development in Chicago.
- We successfully resolved a design defect claim against our client, a very well-known architectural firm in Chicago which focuses on historic preservation projects.